selfie

selfie

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Keep it Simple

Lately I've been paring down my wardrobe a bit; trying to weed out things that I don't wear/need because a.) it frees up some closet space, b.) it makes it easier to get dressed, and c.) if I sell it, it gives me a little extra cash. Haha!

I do my fair share of eBaying, so it makes me feel less guilty about spending money when I sell something that has been collecting dust. Lately I've been selling a few of the leather bags that I fell in love with a few years ago, mainly because they aren't as practical as certain other bags that I grab on a daily basis. It made my heart ache to part with my Marc by Marc Jacobs and Alexander Wang satchels, but at the end of the day, I didn't miss them nearly as much as I thought I would. It's crazy, because I absolutely LOVE bags. It's like the icing on the cake to a great outfit. I had a pink MbyMJ satchel, a black one, and a grey, badass strappy Wang one, but all of them are making homes in other women's bag collections. So why is it that I DON'T find myself wishing I still had these bags in my possession?

I guess the main reason is because I've fallen head over heels for the leather shopper. It's incredibly simple, yet cool enough to be worn almost Every. Single. Day. Working a 9-5 job in the city means I often take lunch with me most days out of the week, so I like the fact that I can toss my lunch bag in the same bag that I carry my makeup, wallet, and other various necessities in and be ready to go. In the winter, I can stuff my scarf and gloves in it when I get to my destination. In the summer, I can store my cardigan in it when I step out of the sometimes too chilly, air-conditioned office. 

Another great thing about the simplest leather shoppers is that they go with a variety of looks. Perfect for work, whether you work in a tattoo shop, or in a law firm. Wear one with anything from strappy sandals, to Converses, to oxfords, and it never looks out of place. No hardware, so you don't have to worry about matching the metal in your jewelry to your bag. There are also a wide assortment of price ranges to suit any wallet: I found my first (ZARA) leather shopper on eBay for $40. My second, and most favorite one is by Baggu; they offer different colors throughout the year, and sell in multiple stores so you can sometimes catch a deal if you shop around. (The Baggu one was $160, but well-worth every penny, especially when you consider the fact that lots of other leather bags cost $300 and up.)

Anywhoooo, suffice it to say that you need one. Trust me, you won't regret it ;)



Baggu Basic Leather Tote in Persimmon: $160


Genuine Leather Tote in Teal-  Alexbender on Etsy: about $210





No comments:

Post a Comment